Tuning firm mirrors German manufacturer giant’s growth with demand for performance
Tuning boxes enhance enjoyment across the range, not just of BMW’s luxury SUVs
British tuning designer and engineering firm TDI-Tuning has seen a marked increase in the number of BMW performance models being fitted with the company’s state-of-the-art tuning boxes. Since the beginning of the year, demand from BMW owners has in fact risen by 10%.
This echoes a buoyant first-quarter results from the German manufacturer, which reports a growth of more than 20% in its underlying earnings.
Sales of luxury cars, SUVs and motorbikes is at an all-time high in the UK, even though companies are expecting growth to slow in emerging markets such as Russia and China. Luxury and performance vehicles, however, can always be improved, according to TDI-Tuning principal Graeme King.
“BMW’s M version of its X6 is the most blisteringly quick SUV on the market, at the moment,” says Graeme. “It hits 62mph in 4.2 seconds, just like a sportscar. However, for most BMW owners, the performance of their vehicles can always be improved, either in terms of straightforward extra power, or fuel consumption, or both. TDI-Tuning definitely addresses both areas, as proved by the fact that 23% of our tuning box sales are fitted to high-end BMW vehicles.”
A 2015 BMW M5 4.4 V8 fitted with a Multi Channel Petrol Tuning Box has its power increased from 552bhp to 618bhp and torque up from 680Nm to 762 Nm.
TDI Tuning maintains a 100% positive feedback score through independent review service Feefo.
Some key points:
- TDI-Tuning designs and develops its own tuning boxes, which are then manufactured in Germany.
- The boxes are easy to plug in and/or remove, require no special skills or specialist input, and can be fitted by the end user in less than 30 minutes
- The vehicle will revert to standard when the box is removed – leaving no trace
- The tuning equipment can be sent back to TDI-Tuning to be re-programmed for over 4,000 different models
- TDI-Tuning boxes start at just under £300.